About the Program
Certificate IV in Leisure & Health is designed for those with a burning passion to provide personal, leisure and emotional support to people whose capacity for independent living is at risk. In particular the aged and those with disabilities. By undertaking this nationally recognised qualification, learners will be provided with the knowledge and confidence required to care for members of the community including:
- Supporting overall individual health and well-being
- Providing personal care, support and encouragement for participating in activities
- Assisting with daily living activities
- Creating, implementing and monitoring individualised care plans
- Supporting the elderly or disabled in their homes or in a community setting
On completion of this qualification, you will have a variety of employment opportunities, in particular working within the health and community industry at hospitals, nursing homes, aged care facilities and community centres.
- Activities Officer
- Community Leisure Officer
- Disability Officer-Day Support
- Diversional Therapy Assistant
- Leisure Officer
- Recreational Officer
- Tuition Fee $12,000.00
- Material fee $300.00
- Application fee $ 200 (non-refundable)
- Total Fee: $12,500.00
Delivery Mode: On Campus: This course will be held on campus.
Work Placement: You will be required to complete 120 hours of work placement during the course (police check required)
Intakes February, April, August, October, December – 2019
- 18 years old and above
- IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL 550 (International Students)
Course Duration: 32 weeks including work placement.
Program Completion Requirements
You will be required to attend all scheduled classes, work placements and submit assessments in a timely manner and achieve competent results for all units: in order to receive your qualification.