Gain the skills and qualification to work at a high level in children’s services with a Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care.
You’ll develop skills in providing activities and care to children, with an emphasis on play-based learning. You’ll learn to facilitate learning and play in order to enable children to achieve developmental outcomes.
This practical course will prepare you to enter a rewarding industry where you’ll provide education and care to children during their most influential years. It includes five work placements and a first aid course.
About the Program
This program is designed for those looking to continue working in the childcare industry with long term prospects of becoming a child care centre supervisor or manager. By undertaking this nationally accredited qualification, you will be provided with the knowledge and skills required to manage the care of children in the following ways;
- Supervise and/or manage those engaged to run activities for groups of children during the day who are responsible for designing and implementing curriculum in early childhood education and care services
- Positively interacting with all children, nurturing their confidence and self esteem
- Ensuring a clean and healthy environment for all children
- Participating in supervising indoor/outdoor environments to provide safety for the children at all times
- Plan engaging activities, good communication skills, manage a budget, supervise employees
After the successful completion of the program, you may gain employment as a;
- Director or Center Manager or Children’s Service Area Manager
- Group/team coordinator/leader (children's services)
- Program leader (children's services)
- Authorised supervisor (children's services)
- Children's adviser
Employment opportunities at:
- Pre-school programs
- Family Day Care Centre supervisor
- Playgroup Supervisor
- International Students Tuition Fees is $16,000
- Materials fee - $ 300.00
- Application fee - $200.00 (nonrefundable)
Program Delivery Structure
On Campus: This course will be delivered face to face, through a combination of tutorials and workshops. You will be assessed through role plays, assignments and placements.
Work Placement: You will be required to complete 240 hours of work placement during the course. Yorke Institute will organize the work placement. Working with Children check and/or Police check required before work placement can be undertaken.
Intakes February | April | June | August | October | December – 2019
- 18 years old and above
- IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL 550
- 50 weeks including work placement
Program Completion Requirements
You are required to attend all scheduled classes, work placements, submit assessments in a timely manner and achieve competent results for all units; in order to receive your qualification.