About the Program
Diploma of Leisure & Health is designed for those who want to continue further studies in providing personal, leisure and emotional support to people whose capacity for independent living is at risk. In particular the aged and those with disabilities. By undertaking this nationally recognised qualification, you will be provided with the knowledge and confidence required to care for members of the community including:
- Supporting overall individual health and well-being
- Providing personal care, support and encouragement for participating in activities
- Assisting with daily living activities
- Creating, implementing and monitoring individualised care plans
- Supporting the elderly or disabled in their homes or in a community setting
On completion of this qualification, you will have a variety of employment opportunities, in particular working within the health and community industry at hospitals, nursing homes, aged care facilities and community centres.
- Activities Coordinator
- Community Leisure Coordinator
- Diversional Therapist
- Diversional Therapy Assistant
- Leisure Services Coordinator/Manager
- Recreational Activities Coordinator
- Course Fees $ 15,000
- Materials Fee $300.00
- Application fee of $ 200. 00 (non-refundable)
- **Total fee: 15,500.00
** The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Refer to the website for full fee.
Program Delivery Structure
On Campus: This course will be held on campus.
Work Placement: Learners will be required to complete 240 hours of work placement during the course (police check required)
Intakes Feburary, April, August, October, December – 2019
- 18 years old and above
- IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL 550 or Proficiency level of Language Literacy and Numeracy(LLN). (International Students)
- 50 weeks including work placement.
Program Completion Requirements
- You are required to attend all scheduled classes and work placements and submit assessments in a timely manner and achieve competent results for all units; in order to receive their qualification.
individual leisure and health programs
leisure and health programming